Business Restart Hub
As we emerge from the COVID-19 lockdown we are now looking to restart our town centres, to revitalise our local economy, and to promote community confidence by attracting our citizens back to the hubs of our communities, encouraging everyone to shop local, but shop safe.
Here to help
We recognised early on in the current COVID-19 pandemic that businesses would be hit hard, and we acted immediately to identify all available funding and support.
As we start to transition through Scottish Government's Route Map out of lockdown we are providing increasing support to restart and recovery and we want to reassure you that we are still here to help. We are aware that this is a very challenging time for individuals and businesses and COVID-19 is still having a significant impact.
This page provides a restart hub for businesses with links to some of our key services and and relevant Government guidance documents.
We are available Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm on 01387 260 280. Alternatively, you can contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply as soon as possible.
Licensing - licensed premises which are seeking to move their eating and drinking outdoors to meet the Phase 2 requirements will need an occasional licence to include the area being used. An application and guidance is available at https://dumgal.gov.uk/article/16624/Occasional-licences
Roads - If the outdoor area involves occupation of a road or council car park then a road occupation permit will be required. An online application can be made here https://www.dumgal.gov.uk/article/15844/Road-occupation-permits
Safe Trading - If you need advice on the steps you need to take to ensure you are safe to open the please contact our Safe Trading team email@example.com or call 01387 245918. We have prepared a restart toolkit to help small businesses meet some of the requirements for re-opening including signage and a simplified risk assessment template.
Individual risk assesment for the workplace guidance
Planning - temporary outdoor eating and drinking will not require planning permission unless you wish to make the arrangements permanent.
Town Centres - we have prepared a Restart Plan for Town Centres to assist with the re-opening of local shops and other businesses as we progress through the Route Map. The Restart Plan sets out arrangements for ensuring a safe shopping environment in our town centres and promoting a "shop safe, shop local" brand.
To help you with social distancing we have designed some 'Shop Local, Shop Safe' posters for you to download and print off:
Our Business Gateway team has experienced advisers who can deliver virtual support to help you rebuild and adjust your business to get through this restart phase.
You can find details of our webinars and book at 1-2-1 appointment with an adviser on our local Facebook page. Business Gateway national has webinars across Scotland to help businesses through COVID-19 where you can find details of both national and local events.
Scotland's Route Map out of Lockdown
The Scottish Government has published its route map out of lockdown
The route map gives an indication of the order in which the Scottish Government will carefully and gradually seek to change current restrictions. It provides practical examples of what people, organisations and businesses can expect to see change over time. The phasing table will continue to be updated.
The Scottish Government has published sector specific guidance and support
- Construction https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-construction-sector-guidance/
- Manufacturing https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-manufacturing-sector-guidance/
- Retail - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-retail-sector-guidance/
- Transport - https://www.transport.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/transport-transition-plan/
- The Horticultural Trades Association has published guidance for safe trading in this sector.
- Drive though takeaways are now permitted to open and Food Standards Scotland has produced guidance for food business operators and their employees to help them trade safely now or when the time is right.
- Caravan sites - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-caravan-sites-and-holiday-parks/
- Events - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-events-sector-guidance/
- Tourism - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-tourism-and-hospitality-sector-guidance/
- Reopening of Public and Customer Toilets - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-public-and-customer-toilets-guidance/index/
- Museums, Galleries & Heritage Attractions - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-museums-galleries-and-heritage-attractions/
- Professional Football and Rugby stadia https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-stadium-sector-guidance-for-professional-football-and-rugby/
- Call Centres and Customer Contact Centres https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-call-centres-and-customer-contact-centre-environments/
- Cinemas and drive-in https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-cinemas-and-drive-in-cinemas/
- Film and TV production https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-film-and-high-end-tv-production/
- Creative studios and shared workspaces https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-creative-studios-and-shared-workspaces/
- Labs and research facilities https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-laboratories-and-research-facilities/
- Vehicle lessons https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vehicle-lessons/
- Waste sector https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-waste-sector-guidance/
- Agriculture https://www.sasa.gov.uk/covid-19-guidance
- Home working https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-for-homeworking/
- Financial Services Sector https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-financial-services-sector-guidance/
- Sport and Leisure facilities guidance - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-sport-and-leisure-facilities/
View the guidance for businesses in Scotland on physical distancing and closures due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Test and Protect
For enquiries about our town centre restart programme, please email: TCRestart@dumgal.gov.uk