Coronavirus Restrictions Funds
The business hardship fund will award payments of £1,000 or £1500, dependent on Rateable Value this is to support some businesses that remain open but are still significantly impacted by the restrictions, including those in the direct supply chains of firms that must close. An upper limit of £10,000 will apply in total to any eligible business operating multiple premises.
We are administrating this fund on behalf of the Scottish Government. The purpose of this fund is to provide hardship relief to:
- Hospitality businesses and some gyms who are unable to operate group classes and who are required by the regulations to operate in a restricted way since 9 October 2020.
- Producers/wholesale businesses supplying primarily perishable supplies to hospitality businesses required by the regulations to close or operate in a restricted way, and who are able to evidence a reduction of at least 25% in turnover during the brake period.
The Eligibility Criteria of this fund is:
- You must have a dedicated business bank account (you will be required to provide the account details as part of the application process, and this is the account your grant will be paid into if successful).
- Your business was trading on 9th October 2020.
- Your business premises are registered for Non-Domestic rates (if you pay rates through your landlord rather than directly to a Council, you are still eligible to apply but must provide evidence of this arrangement through copy of your lease agreement).
- You can provide evidence of loss of business income due to local Covid-19 restrictions.
- Your business has not breached wider COVID regulations/requirements prior to the Covid Brake Restrictions being implemented on 9th October.
- Your business is not connected to a tax haven, as set out in the Coronavirus (Scotland) (No. 2) Act 2020.
- Your business is based/headquartered within the local authority to which I am submitting this application and all premises included in this application are located within that local authority area.
You can look up your Rateable Value on the Scottish Assessors website - www.saa.gov.uk
Premises with a Rateable Value up to and including £51,000 will receive a grant of £1,000. Premises with a Rateable Value of over £51,000 will receive a grant of £1,500.
An upper limit of £10,000 applies to businesses operating multiple premises. A separate application is required for each qualifying premises.
You must also be able to provide the following documentation:
Mandatory Items (One piece of evidence for each premises you are applying for must be included):
- Copy of Business Bank Account, this must be the account your grant will be paid into and must be in the name of the Business. Please upload a recent statement for this account, clearly showing the account details (including account holder name, account number and sort code) in order for us to verify these match the details provided on the application form.
- Evidence (e.g. profit and loss accounts, invoices and receipts, details of contracts lost, cancelled booking diaries/work schedules, cancelled customer bookings) to demonstrate loss of income due to local restrictions.
- Note: the above requirement is for producers/wholesale business supplying hospitality businesses only. Hospitality businesses and gyms are not required to evidence a 25% reduction in turnover during the brake period.
- Non-domestic rates number and copy of lease agreement, if you pay rates through your landlord rather than directly to a Council.
Plus Any One of the Following:
- Company: Certificate of Incorporation or Companies House registration number.
- Partnership: Partnership agreement or HMRC registration.
- Sole Trader: HMRC registration, Self-assessment documents or valid business insurance document.
- Trust: Constitution documents, HMRC registration or VAT registration document.
The fund closes to new applications at 5pm on Tuesday 3 November 2020.
The application can be downloaded here and once completed should be emailed to BusinessGrantScheme@dumgal.gov.uk. Please ensure that all supporting documentation is also attached with your email.
You can contact the business help line number 01387 260280 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) for help completing the form and for information on how our Council and the Government are supporting businesses. You can also email us at BusinessGrantScheme@dumgal.gov.uk.
Business Closure Fund
The purpose of this grant is to provide financial support to hospitality businesses; snooker/pool halls; indoor bowling venues; casino; bingo halls; and gyms who are unable to operate group classes. These businesses must be located in the Ayrshire & Arran; Forth Valley; Greater Glasgow & Clyde; Lanarkshire and Lothian health board areas that are required by law to close under the Covid-19 brake restrictions. (Therefore, businesses in Dumfries and Galloway are not eligible to apply for this fund.)