Support for Secondary Pupils and School Leavers
The Dumfries and Galloway Youth Guarantee aims to ensure that every young person in Dumfries and Galloway is offered training, education, a job or apprenticeship opportunity.
Alternatively, if not quite ready for that next step, Youth Guarantee Agreements are available to support eligible young people to develop the skills and experience needed to move on.
- Access a range of services and local jobs via the local employment partnership websiteDG Employment Tap
- Contact the local Employability and Skills Team who offer employment and skills support for young people, including those preparing to leave school at firstname.lastname@example.org, on their Facebook Page or call 01387 260060.
- Call the SDS Careers Centres in Dumfries on 01387 272500 or Stranraer on 01776 889793 for information advice and guidance on careers, redundancy support, learning and training opportunities.
- Find out about opportunities for young people aged 16-25 in Dumfries and Galloway on the Youth Work DG Facebook page
- Search the range of services in Dumfries and Galloway in the local employability partnership's Directory of Services
- Find out about courses at Dumfries and Galloway College and SRUC Barony
- To get information on student wellbeing and general student enquiries, email email@example.com
- For general Dumfries and Galloway college enquires, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For businesses or individual enquiries about short courses at Dumfries and Galloway College, email email@example.com
- For open learning candidates, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact the Employment and Key Worker for your area:
|Annan and Langholm||Donna||07771 772831|
|Lockerbie and Moffat||Sharee||07741 102830|
|Northwest, Dumfries High, Dumfries Academy||Marie||07795 641565|
|St Joseph's College||Greg||07827 663407|
|Sanquhar and Wallace Hall||Gillian||07823 668564|
|Dumfries Burgh Schools||Marie||07795 641565|
|Castle Douglas, Dalbeattie, Kirkcudbright and Dalry||Emilia||07747 040732|
|Stranraer and Douglas Ewart||Idris||07921 038664|
|Anyone doing the Workplace Skills Award||Sharee||07741 102830|