Supporting to self-isolate
There is currently no legal requirement to self-isolate and as a result the rules for Self-Isolation Support Grants are also changing.
If you are unwell, have been absent from work and have tested positive on a PCR for Covid-19 or have been absent from work because you are the main carer of a child/disabled adult who has tested positive on a PCR for Covid-19 from 18 October 2022 you may be eligible to receive a one-off payment of £250.
To qualify you must satisfy all the following criteria:
- You must have a positive PCR test result and you must also give consent to share the result with the Local Authority. (If claiming as the main carer of a child or disabled person over 16 this rule applies to the person you care for)
- You must have lost income as a result of being absent from employment/self-employment.
- You must be on a low income, either personal gross income of less than £1771.25 or net household income less than the following table:
Single with no children
Couple with no children
Single with one child
Couple with one child
Single with two children
Couple with two children
Single with three children
Couple with three children
How to apply
For those with symptoms/had a PCR test done
To apply for the grant and/or to book a PCR test please visit www.mygov.scot/self-isolation-grant.
When your application is received by Dumfries and Galloway Council you will be sent a confirmation email with further instructions.
To assess your application, we will need the following evidence:
- Proof of your positive PCR test (If claiming as a parent of a child, the child's PCR test)
- Proof of your pre-self-isolation income
- A bank statement, showing your name, address, sort code and account number to allow payment to be made
- Proof of employment/self-employment and that you cannot undertake your job/run your business without social contact or from home
- Proof that your pay/income will reduce as a result of having too self-isolate
Evidence should be emailed to ScottishWelfareFund@dumgal.gov.uk clearly stating 'SISG', along with your name, National Insurance Number and full address.
Please note, if you have already submitted an application, then do not apply again for the same period. If that application was refused and you disagree with the decision, then please email ScottishWelfarefund@dumgal.gov.uk and ask for a review.
Please note that you can only make 3 applications for a Self-Isolation Support Grant in any rolling 12-month period across all local authorities.