Strategic Framework Business Fund
The Strategic Framework Business Fund provides support to specific businesses closed as a result of legal restrictions.
Dumfries and Galloway Council is administering the Strategic Framework Business Fund in Dumfries and Galloway on behalf of the Scottish Government.
A Business Temporary Closure Grant of £2,000 or £3,000 (depending on rateable value) will be available for business required to close by law, payable every four weeks in arrears for the duration protective measures are in place.
The is for those businesses required to close by law, as set out in the schedules of The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 which contains the measures which apply for each level. Part 1 of each schedule contains the businesses which are required to close.
If you are not on this list you are not eligible for this fund:
Closure fund eligibility
Non-essential - see note below *
Close contact services
Sports & Exercise
Leisure and Entertainment
* (which specifically excludes food retailers, including food markets, supermarkets, convenience stores and corner shops; off licenses and licensed shops selling alcohol (including breweries); pharmacies (including non-dispensing pharmacies) and chemists; newsagents; homeware, building supplies and hardware stores; petrol stations, car repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, taxi or vehicle hire businesses, banks, building societies, credit unions, short-term loan providers, savings clubs, cash points and undertakings which by way of business operate a currency exchange office, transmit money (or any representation of money) by any means or cash cheques which are made payable to customers; post offices; funeral directors; laundrettes and dry cleaners; dental services, opticians, audiology services, chiropody services, chiropractors, osteopaths and other medical or health services, including services relating to mental health; veterinary surgeons and pet shops; agricultural supplies shops and agricultural markets; storage and distribution facilities, including delivery drop off or collection points, where the facilities are in the premises of a business included in this sub-paragraph; )car parks; public toilets, livestock markets or auctions; garden centres, plant nurseries, outdoor markets, and outdoor car lots).
If you are not on this list in the table above, you are not eligible for this fund. Please do not apply. If your eligibility is in doubt, simply call the helpdesk for clarification and information on possible alternative funds.
Where restrictions are extended beyond a four-week period and the local authority remains at the same level of protection, a business does not need to re-apply and a grant will be automatically awarded for the next four week period. Payments will be made 4 weeks in arrears.
Your application can not be processed without the following Supporting Documentation
- A Business Bank Account Statement which clearly showing the account details (including account holder name, account number and sort code) in order for us to verify these match the details provided on the application form.
In exceptional circumstances, a Private Bank (must show business transactions such as paye/vat Wages/business rates/business insurance/NI/stock/sales etc) may be used if the following can be provided.
- A letter from bank stating that you were unable to open a business account and or a letter from your bank or accountant stating that the bank account your used is for business purposes
- 3 months of bank statements
- A copy of your driving licence /or community tax letter
And also one of the following:
- Company (inc. Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisations and Community Interest Companies): Certificate of Incorporation or Companies House/SCIO registration number.
- Partnership: Partnership agreement or HMRC registration.
- Sole Trader: HMRC registration, Self-assessment documents or valid business insurance document.
- Trust: Constitution documents, HMRC registration or VAT registration document.
Top tips for filling in the grant application
- You must agree with all the eligibility criteria with a tick or yes on pages 1 and 2. You need to agree YES that you are not using a tax haven and that you haven't breached COVID regulations. If you put NO then your grant application cannot progress and we will have to contact you which will slow down approval.
- You have to agree with one of the statements in the State aid section on page 5 with tick/yes. If you don't agree with one of the statements your grant application cannot progress and we will have to contact you which will slow down approval.
- If you use a personal bank account please send us two statements and indicate in your email which items of income and expenditure are for the business. We may ask you for more statements.
If you don't know your rates reference you can find it on https://www.saa.gov.uk
The application can be downloaded below (in PDF or Word versions) and once completed should be emailed to email@example.com. Please ensure that all supporting documentation is attached with your email as failure to do so may result in delay of payment.
Hospitality Top up Fund
The Hospitality Top up Fund provides support to pubs, licensed clubs, restaurants and cafes to help them deal with the traditional post-Christmas dip in demand. This fund has been linked to the Strategic Framework Business Fund and payments of £6,000 for rateable of up to £51,000 or £25,000 for those with a rateable value over £51,000 will automatically processed in due course.
There is no need for you to do anything further if you have already applied to Strategic Framework Business Fund. However, if you fall in to any of these categories and have not already applied then you then you should apply to the Strategic Framework Business Fund now.
Retail and Leisure Top up Fund
The purpose of this fund is to provide to help specific businesses deal with the traditional post-Christmas dip in demand, this includes:
Retail- all non-essential retail closed by law
Close Contact Premises - on valuation roll as at 1 November 2020. That provide close contact services including:
- hairdressing and barber services
- beauty and nail services (including make-up services)
- hair removal services
- tattoo, piercing and body modification services
- fashion design, dress-fitting and tailoring services
- indoor portrait photography and art services
- massage therapies, but not sports massage provided only to professional sportspersons
- complementary and alternative medicine services requiring physical contact or close physical proximity between persons, but not osteopathy and chiropractic services
- spa and wellness services
Sport and Exercise - on valuation roll as at 1 November 2020
- indoor gyms
- swimming pools
- dance studios
- exercise class/yoga studios
- indoor soccer centres
Leisure and Entertainment - on valuation roll as at 1 November 2020
- amusement arcades
- indoor soft play
- indoor bowling
- snooker/pool halls
- bingo halls
- roller rinks
- climbing wall centres
- play barns
- go-karting centres indoor and outdoor
This fund has been linked to the Strategic Framework Business Fund and payments of £6,000 for rateable of up to £51,000 or £9,000 for those with a rateable value over £51,000 will automatically processed in due course. There is no need for you to do anything further if you have already applied to Strategic Framework Business Fund. However, if you fall in to any of these categories and have not already applied then you then you should apply to the Strategic Framework Business Fund now.
Closing date for Hospitality and Retail Top up Funds
Please note that any applications for the Hospitality and Retail Top up grants must be submitted by the close of play on 5 February 2021, any applications received after this date will not be able to claim in line with the Scottish Government guidelines.
We are currently unable to respond directly to individual enquiries by email or telephone due to the high number of applications we are processing for the Strategic Framework Business Fund.