Coronavirus (COVID-19): Strategic Framework Business Fund
Dumfries and Galloway Council is Administering the Scottish Governments Strategic Framework Business Fund. As of the 2 November 2020 Dumfries and Galloway has been placed in TIER 2.
Linked to Scotland's Strategic Framework, the purpose of this grant is to provide, support to specific businesses closed or directly by restrictions introduced from 2 November in the form of:
- Business Temporary Closure Fund - a grant of £2,000 or £3,000 (depending on rateable value) for business required to close by law, payable every four weeks in arrears for the duration protective measures are in place. The business temporary closure grant is for those businesses required to close by law, as set out in the schedules of The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 which contains the measures which apply for each level. Part 1 of each schedule contains the businesses which are required to close.
- Business Restrictions Fund - a grant of £1,400 or £2,100 (depending on rateable value) for businesses that remain open but are specifically required to modify their operations by protective measures. This is payable every four weeks, in arrears, for the duration measures are in place. This means that your business is legally required to close earlier than normal, not that you have to adopt physical distancing or that the demand for your products or services has been reduced because of the pandemic or other restrictions which impact on individuals and communities.
The business restrictions grant is for those businesses required to by law, to modify their operations as set out in the schedules of The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 which contain the measures which apply for each level. Part 2 contains the statutory restrictions on business.
If you are not on this list you are not eligible for this fund.
Closure fund eligibility
Wet Pubs with or without outdoor seating
Restriction fund eligibility
Pub / Bar with kitchen
Licensed Sports Club
Licensed Social Club
Where restrictions are extended beyond a four week period and the local authority remains at the same level of protection, a business does not need to re-apply and a grant will be automatically awarded for the next four week period. Payments will be made 4 weeks in arrears. (on or after the 30 November 2020).
Please note that the Scottish Government will publish details of support for mobile close contact services separately. Please do not contact your local authority at this time
Your application can not be processed without the following Supporting Documentation
- A Business Bank Account Statement which clearly showing the account details (including account holder name, account number and sort code) in order for us to verify these match the details provided on the application form.
And also one of the following:
- Company (inc. Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisations and Community Interest Companies): Certificate of Incorporation or Companies House/SCIO registration number.
- Partnership: Partnership agreement or HMRC registration.
- Sole Trader: HMRC registration, Self-assessment documents or valid business insurance document.
- Trust: Constitution documents, HMRC registration or VAT registration document.
The application can be downloaded below (in PDF or Word versions) and once completed should be emailed to email@example.com. Please ensure that all supporting documentation is attached with your email as failure to do so may result in delay of payment.
You can contact the business help line number 01387 260280 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) for help completing the form and for information on how our Council and the Government are supporting businesses. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.