Grants and Funding for Businesses
Dumfries and Galloway Council is administering various business grant schemes on behalf of the Scottish Government.
Update - 12 April 2021
The Strategic Framework Business Fund (SFBF) provided grants to businesses that were required to close by law or to significantly change their operations due to COVID-19 restrictions from 2 November 2020.
This fund closed to new applicants on 22 March 2021.
On 19 April 2021, all SFBF recipients will automatically receive a combined final 2-week supplement and a one-off restart grant to help them reopen.
- Retailers in receipt of SFBF will be eligible for grants up to £7,500 based on rateable value:
- for properties with a rateable value below £51,000: £7,000 (£6,000+£1,000)
- for properties with a rateable value above £51,001: £7,500 (£6,000+£1,500)
- Hospitality and leisure businesses in receipt of SFBF will be eligible for grants up to £19,500 based on rateable value:
- for properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under: £9,000 (£8,000+£1,000)
- for properties with a rateable value between £15,001 and £51,000: £13,000 (£12,000+£1,000)
- for properties with a rateable value of £51,001 or over: £19,500 (£18,000+£1,500)
Am I eligible?
This fund is closed to new applicants.
All businesses currently in receipt of support through the Strategic Framework Business Fund will receive the final payment and restart grant.
Open funds (please only apply to one fund)
100% Non-Domestic Rates relief is available for eligible Retail, Hospitality, Leisure and Aviation (RHLA) properties for the whole of 2021/22. You are required to apply for RHLA Relief using an online form if your premises is wholly or mainly used for one of the specified RHLA purposes set out in legislation.
- Business Gateway Support Helpline - 01387 808738