December / January Business Support Top Up - Hospitality Funding
In line with the commitment to sustainable and inclusive growth and the Coronavirus (COVID-19): fair work statement, the Scottish Government has allocated funding to support businesses in hospitality who have lost crucial bookings during this key trading period.
The December and January Business Support Top Up - Hospitality fund will provide financial support to businesses in the hospitality sector affected by the latest public health advice.
The December/January Business Support Top Up - Hospitality fund is a Scottish Government fund administered by local authorities.
Who is eligible
The December/January Business Support Top Up - Hospitality fund will provide support to businesses in the hospitality sector who have lost crucial bookings during this key trading period where they are registered as one of the following:
- Public houses
- Other licensed premises classed as hospitality
- Hotels with bars and restaurants
Any business not classed as one of the above will not be eligible for this funding. Awards are granted based on the primary function of the business. It is for a local authority to determine if a business meets the description and further information can be requested, where necessary, to determine eligibility of applications.
The public sector or arm's length external organisations (ALEOs) are not eligible.
Application Process/How to apply
In the first instance, local authorities will contact businesses they have previously made payments to through the Strategic Framework Business Fund.
For the vast majority of eligible businesses, local authorities already hold sufficient data in order to establish eligibility and will contact businesses directly to make payment. This will be from previously held data where a business has received Covid 19 business support via the Local Authority in the past. In this instance this funding was last received in April 21. For businesses where this is the case, there will only be a need to confirm the following when contacted:
- That they are still a registered business
- That they were trading at 8th December 2021
- That they wish to receive funding
- That the details the local authority already holds is up to date
If you not been contacted and you believe that you are eligible can please email the email@example.com with your Strategic Framework Business Fund reference number, name and business and the reason you believe you are eligible for this fund.
Eligibility for new businesses
New businesses will be required to provide information which allows local authorities to assess eligibility. The following is the eligibility criteria for those businesses:
- The business must have physical premises
- The business should be the main occupier
- The business owner should be responsible for paying non domestic rates (NDR)
- The business was trading as an eligible businesses as at 8 December 2021
Level of Grant Award
The grant is a 'one-off payment at the rate of:
- £4,500 for premises which have a rateable value of up to and including £51,000; or
- £6,800 for premises have a rateable value of £51,001 or above
The rateable value of the property is considered to be as per local authority records at 1 November 2021. Any changes to the valuation roll after 1 November 2021 including changes backdated to this date should be disregarded for the purposes of eligibility. However if a property was requested to be entered into the roll or the entry modified before 1 November but delayed for administrative or systemic reasons, local authorities have discretion to consider such business eligible.
Individual ratepayers with more than one business, may receive an award for each registered business entity.
For further information
- Visit - https://findbusinesssupport.gov.scot/service/funding/december-and-january-business-support-top-up
- Email - CovidBusinessSupport@gov.scot / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call - 030 33 33 3000