Update on the Reopening of Leisure Venues
We're reopening our leisure venues from 14 September 2020.
We can't wait to open our doors and welcome you back to our sport and leisure venues from 14 September. We're just making the final checks following coronavirus guidance from the Scottish Government. All our efforts are focused on making our facilities as safe as possible - and we're reopening our gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes.
Which facilities will open first?
We're excited to reopen the following venues from 14 September:
- Annan Newington Leisure Centre
- Annan Swimming Pool and Games Hall
- Castle Douglas Fitness Suite
- Dumfries DG1
- Kelloholm Hillview Leisure Centre
- Langholm Eskdale Sports Centre
- Newton Stewart Merrick Leisure Centre
- Sanquhar Fitness Suite
- Stranraer Ryan Centre
From 21 September
- Sanquhar FUN Pool - closed due to urgent repair to water pump
From 26 October
- Lockerbie Leisure and Sport Facility
From 31 October
- Dumfries Ice Bowl - closed for improvement works to ventilation system (COVID-19 ventilation guidance, Scottish Government)
Date to be confirmed
- Castle Douglas Swimming Pool - closed for improvement works to ventilation system (COVID-19 ventilation guidance, Scottish Government)
What activities can I do and what are the guidelines?
Here's more details on guidelines for each activity you will be able to do across our facilities.
The main changes you will see
Things are a little different and always evolving, but our friendly team are looking forward to welcoming you back and we've put the following measures in place to ensure you feel safe and enjoy your experience with us. The health and safety of our customers is what matters most.
Here's a summary of what will be different
- All activities are pre-booked only - up to 48 hours in advance at our website or by phoning the venue
- We're cashless and accept contactless payments
- We've safety guidance signage throughout our venues
- There are sanitisation stations to use before and after each visit
- All activities are timetabled with staggered session start times to reduce congestion
And here's how you can help us!
- We ask that anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 does not attend our venues and follow NHS guidelines https://www.nhsinform.scot/
- Please arrive ready for your activity
- Follow the safety guidance in place in the venue
- Use the hand sanitiser before and after your session / activity
Get ready to book
You can book activities 48 hours in advance. You will be able to book online or by calling the venues direct. More details on this will follow.
We'll be contacting all of our customers directly about the next stages and will be continuing to update our website over the coming weeks. Keep checking this page for the most up-to-date information, we will update accordingly with further guidance and the reopening of more activities.
Please continue to stay active and safe. Everyone at our leisure venues look forward to seeing you all soon.
Please note that not all sessions / activities may reopen at your local venue at once. We hope to be able to reopen all sessions / activities when it is safe to do so and will be posting any updates on reopening.